Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Calling All Harry Potheads!


Hooray! I always knew this day would come! (Or, rather pathetically, always secretly hoped it would!)

Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida has created ::cue the eerie theme music:: the WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER, scheduled for its glorious opening this spring! Zonko's joke shop, Honeydukes homewade sweets and the Three Brooksticks pub are among the actual, TANGIBLE landmarks one can visit if they so happen to step foot inside this most magical of theme parks.

I won't be surprised if, on opening day, the Orlando Sentinel reads, "Boy, 8-years-old, Dies of Asphyxiation at Wizarding World Entrance."I'm not saying here that I want this to happen - I'm just saying that it MIGHT!

Now, before you trod off, poking fun at my child-like delight here, know this: YES, I am a twenty-two-year old self-proclaimed lover of all things Harry Potter. NO, I won't push kids over in line to get to the Dragon Challenge (which is actually a roller coaster) or to buy myself a Sneakoscope at Dervish and Banges magical goodies store. I might, however, have one too many Butterbeers at the Three Broomsticks, and then, well...I won't be held accountable for my actions.

(Note: "Butterbeer" is actually a non-alcoholic hot beverage that Harry and his buddies consume during many a late-night out in Hogsmeade. Or, more precisely, it is a made up drink by J.K. Rowling. Hahaha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment