Monday, March 1, 2010

March MADNESS!

In my relatively short twenty-two years of life, I've come to accept this one fail-safe basic about nature: rarely does it ever play by the rules. For instance, my hometown of southern NEW YORK has been victim to snow in mid-April, witnessed 76-degree days in mid-December and...well, do you really need any more evidence to prove the Whackness? Those two phenomena alone should be reason enough to bring any global warming skeptic to his cynical knees.

But today was totally different. And by different, I mean totally normal. Today actually tasted like the sweet breath of early spring. I saw the snow melting, heard the soft melody of birds chirping and felt the heat rising as I eased into my Saturn Ion, eagerly switching the temperature dial all the way to FREEZING for the first time in seven months. All-right!

To be honest, I thought winter was never going to end. After last week's two-day fiasco of swirling snowstorm MADNESS, I thought we were all doomed for eternal Ice World. I even Google'd "How To Construct Your Dream Igloo" and "What To Expect When You're Expecting Ice" just in case. But luckily, I won't be needing any of that now because...

Spring is here! HOORAY! Time for mind-boggling movies like the Mad Hatter, which I probably won't see in theaters. Time for awesome Mardi Gras celebrations, which I've never actually taken part in. Time for March Madness basketball, which I don't really care about, but to my credit, will watch every once in a while if there are no re-runs of The Office playing. But still, March is a good month. The best, in my opinion, because it speaks of so many good things to come: warm weather is just around the corner, and so is the retrieval of my good spirits that I lost back in the cold. I'm comin' for ya, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment